Responsive website: The need of the hour
Every new company nowadays looks for a mobile version (responsive website) of the website. It is practically not possible to design separate websites for separate devices running on different software. This will lead to higher design and website development costs. It is not possible to keep up with the faster introductions of new resolutions and devices in the field of Web design and development. Hence creating a website version for each resolution and devices becomes pointless. Hence, it is more likely to develop one design that will be compatible with Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, netbook, Kindle and across all screen resolutions.
Hence, the need for responsive design to set your website development costs right to adopt an approach that will respond to a large number of users based on extensive screen size, platform, and orientation. This practice of responsive web design combines a mix of flexible grids, layouts, images and a wise use of CSS medium to generate queries.
This will enable the user to make an easy switch from laptop to tab making use of the website effortlessly. Here the website should have the equal ability to automatically adapt to the new resolution, image size and scripting abilities. Thus, the website should be flexible enough to respond to user’s preference automatically. This would allow every website to maintain one track and eliminate the need for developing different websites for different technology.
Today there are even provisions for reconstructing an existing page and turning it into a responsive one. While designing a responsive website we need to consider a wider angle instead of looking only into screen sizes. There are no magic wands or solutions that will be a fit for every type of document. A mix and match of the couple of tricks below can let you achieve a responsive web design that will maximize the performance of your website:
- You can use the same URL, same content but with a different structure while distributing your web page to different devices.
- Take into consideration a mobile approach while developing your website from scratch.
- Conduct tests on real devices closely monitoring the scenario when resources are loaded and displayed. Avoid relying on resizing your desktop browser.
- Resort to optimization tools to measure and enhance performance for a website.
- Use adaptive approaches like conditional loading, responsiveness according to a group, and a server-side layer for a smart responsive website design.
Responsive design is, therefore, important if you want to grab the attention of a wider traffic to spread your business.